Celebration of World Breast-feeding Week 1-7th August, 2011
Midwifery Society of Nepal organized a Breast feeding awareness program Ramkot with collaboration with Kathmandu Model Hospital School of Nursing (KAMHSON) and Primary Health Care Centre, Ramkot. It was 2 days program on 20th and 22nd of Shrawan 2068 conducted in PHCC, Ramkot ward no-8 respectively. During this program the following activities were
- Interaction: breastfeeding practices, problems and provided suggestion,
- Presentation: exclusive breast feeding, colostrums, technique, importance, factor affecting the breast milk production etc.
- Exhibition: on breastfeeding/nutrition using poster, flex, flip chart and real object,
- Problem and/or curiosity of individual participants regarding breast-feeding was identified and necessary advice was given as appropriate. In addition, emphasized that breast-feeding is mothers and child’s right,
- Teaching on prevention and care of crack nipple
- Distributed IEC materials’ regarding advices of breast-feeding.