Individual must fulfill following two criteria to become a member of MIDSON.
1. National or foreign individual having midwifery or nursing education registered in the Nepal Nursing Council (proposed Nepal Nursing and Midwifery Council)
2. Obtained one of the following qualification in authorised academic institution duly recognised by the Government of Nepal or have work experience
- MSc. in Maternal and Child Health Nursing or Maternity Nursing or Maternal Health Nursing
- Master in Nursing in Women's Health and Development
- Post Basic Bachelor Degree in Midwifery or Bachelor in Midwifery
- Bachelor in Nursing with Master of Public Health in Maternal Health or Reproductive Health
- Proficiency Certificate Level (Diploma) in Midwifery
2.2 Work experience
a. Applicable for Registered Nurses and Auxiliary Nurse-Midwives only
- Currently working in reproductive health related area
- Currently working in Maternity Hospitals, Birthing Centres or units
- Currently working in Primary Health Care Centre, Health Posts, Sub-Health Posts
- Public Health Nurse currently working in the community, District Public Health Office, Regional Health Training Centre, Regional Health Directorate and other divisions/departments of Ministry of Health and Population
b. Bachelor in nursing graduate with continuously serving in reproductive health for at least 5 years and committed to upgrade the midwifery profession and education.