CDO Regd. No. 822/066/067
" The World Needs Midwives
Now More Than Ever "
- Strive for healthy women, healthy babies and healthy nation.
- Work for attainment of professional recognition, strengthening and making effective and competency-based community-oriented dynamic midwifery profession and services.
- Offer membership to midwives and build-up professional capacity and competency of the member.
- Strive for the provision of legislation for independent midwifery professional practice.
- Sensitize midwives to maintain discipline and to be arduous, accountable and committed towards professional code of conduct.
- Appraise and strive for the tangible and intangible barriers towards the development, promotion and safeguard professional rights.
- Coordinate with national and international midwifery associations and other professional organizations for intellectual exchange and sharing.
- Advocate and lobby to instigate international standards of pre-service and in-service midwifery education and trainings, and develop policy for midwifery practice.
- Provide national midwifery professional representation to the national and international forum relating to the midwifery including maternal and neonatal health policy and program.
- Strive for influencing policy and decision-makers to reduce maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality, empowering and improving status of rural women and ensuring accessibility of safe motherhood services as necessary.
- Network and work in partnership with national and international organization working towards sexual and reproductive health, women's health and rights, and improving women's status in order to improve and safe guard midwifery services and profession and provide technical assistance and inputs relating to midwifery.
- Organize internship, clinical elective placement and university exchange program for both national and international students enrolled in midwifery education program.
Tripureshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal